Friday 28 May 2010

African Tales


Ever done artwork or a piece of writing for a client and weren't too partial to your effort at the time and then a couple of years later, it's kind've "grown on you"? That's happened with this little character I did a series of illustrations for in a reader for Macmillan Publishers a couple of years ago.
I still recall sitting and doing the pencil roughs of him at Mugg n Bean in Parkhurst, Johannesburg. It was a lovely day outside, a Sunday. I needed to get out of my studio for a while and polish off a piece of cheesecake and cuppa tea while I worked.
And a friend of mine who I admire much as a cartoonist and illustrator happened to chance by and, with a couple of remarks, gave me some excellent advice on how to make my character look younger and cuter.
Thanks, Rico.

1 comment:

  1. モバゲーが遂に出会いをプロデュースする事になりました。今まで禁止していた事も全て解放で皆様の出会いをお手伝いさせて頂きます。

    ReplyDelete